Hey there, Sugar Pants! I hope all is well your way. If not, please know that I appreciate you reading in spite of and I am always sending love and light the direction of all of my supporters known or unknown. You know how you feel like you try to do everything right and always bend over backwards to help others but then wonder, when is it going to be “my” turn? Those were the nagging and unproductive thoughts that were plaguing me this weekend.If I am being completely honest, I was actually experiencing some self-pity and on the woe-is-me boat for a hot second. Now, I am not one to succumb to that fooleywang nonsense, so of course she was not down and out for long. Welp, I thought I would share with you one of the ways that I squash those pesky, purposeless thoughts. I like to stay POSITIVE and PRODUCTIVE. If you are in need of tips to help with your productivity, read on!
5 Tips for Productivity
- Stay motivated! Easier said than done right? Well, you want to start with figuring out what motivates you. For me, I get the brunt of my janky tedious work done with upbeat music blasting. Also, I am not above getting my snack on to help motivate me through my work.
- Limit distractions! I am not a person who can work through idle chatter and conversations. Therefore, I will play my music (as previously mentioned) except I will bust out my handy dandy Beats by Dre headphones to totally zone out. If I do not have my headphones on deck, then I simply take a plain sheet of paper and write something to the effect of “on a deadline, please do not disturb”. Seems rude, however, I am there to work and I need to limit distractions so I can do just that!
- Get organized! Alphabetize your files, clear out your email boxes, de-clutter your desk/office/room/social circle (okay?!?!). Once your life is organized you will be amazed at how much more productive you will be. Your mind is free to plot on ways to execute your plan for world domination. At minimum to ensure your productivity is poppin’ #boop!
- Establish a routine! I will be the first to admit, I am a creature of habit. As a matter of fact, my husband’s nickname for me is “Bot” which is short for robot. He recognized in me that I had to have a routine for everything. With that being said, I prioritize my to-do-list and break my day down into 2 hour increments. I have to factor in snack breaks and mental breaks.
- Take mini breaks! Taking a break when you’re super swamped seems counter-intuitive. However, giving yourself the opportunity to re-charge and grab a quick second wind might be just what the doctor ordered.
These are my tips for making it through each day as productively as possible. What are your favorite ways to keep your productivity poppin’? Stylishly yours, KJ.